Built on the principles of equity, excellence and engagement, the University of Newcastle has a reputation as a world-class institution making an impact within its own region, throughout Australia and across the globe.
Our research is world-class and diverse. Our degree programs are internationally recognised and our partnerships and collaborations drive innovation. Our alumni are leaders and our students are preparing to make a difference in the world.
We are ranked in the top three per cent of universities world-wide and we have only just turned 50.
Faculties and Schools
- Faculty of Business and Law – (Newcastle business school, New Castle Law School)
- Faculty of Education and Arts– (School of creative industries, School of Education, School of humanities and social science)
- Faculty of engineering and built environment – (School of Architecture and build environment, School of Engineering, School of Electrical Engineering and Computing)
- Faculty of Health and Medicine – (School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, School of Health Sciences, School of Medicine and Public Health, School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Newcastle department of rural health)
- Faculty of Science – (School of Environmental and Life Sciences, School of Mathematics and Physical Sciences, School of Psychology)
- English Language and Foundation Studies Center – (International foundation Students, English Language Students)