Rutega Education Services
Rutega Education Services CC was established with the precise objective to provide quality professional service to prospective students and their parents, on study possibilities in Australia. Since the inception of Rutega Education Services CC (Rutega is a Tswana word meaning - Be Educated); students from African countries have studied at Colleges and Universities in Australia through our facilitation. Staff members of Rutega are education specialists with more than 20 years experience in this field. We are a South African based company located in Hatfield Pretoria.
As qualified representatives for various leading Institutions of Higher Learning in Australia, we from time to time organise seminars and school visits in South Africa and other African cities, to give students appropriate information on the Institutions. Prospective students and their parents are also welcome to visit our office for guidance and assistance in study abroad matters where our trained staff will attend to a student's individual interest and needs as we firmly believe that a prospective student should be able to make an informed decision.
Rutega complies with the Universities Australia Code of Ethical Practice in the provision of Education to Overseas students by Australian Higher Education Institutions. We are a member of the International Education Association of South Africa (IEASA) and comply with the Code of Ethical Practice in the Provision of Education to International Students by South African Higher Education Institutions.
We specialise in delivering the following services to prospective students and their parents:
- Available for unbiased counselling to prospective students and their parents on study possibilities in Australia.
- Making brochures available with detailed information on aspects of the various institutions..
- Assistance on making and submitting study applications at selected Australian institutions.
- Step-by-step assistance to prospective students and their parents during the application process.
- Assistance with certification of qualifications.
- Follow up with the institutions after submission and feedback to the student on progress.
- Creation of the Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment as authorised by the institutions.
- Advice and assistance with study visa applications (personal submission and collection).
- Delivering pre-departure briefings for accepted students.
- Advice on travel and accommodation arrangements for students departing to Australia.
- Ancillary services relevant to a student’s application.
Australia is currently the third most popular destination for international students in the English-speaking world, behind the United States and the UK. Many international students choose to study there because of the cultural diversity, friendly natives, and high quality of education.
When most people think of Australia, they see wide open spaces of an outback bush, kangaroos, koalas and clean air and water. However, Australia has so much more to offer than just that! Many international students are choosing to study in Australia because of its friendly, laid-back nature, excellent education system, and high standard of living.
Schools and employers all over the world recognise degrees from Australian schools. Graduates from Australian schools are highly sought after due to the impressive international reputation of the Australian education system. This system is carefully regulated by the Australian government in order to maintain the high standards of education associated with the country.
Australia’s standard of living is amongst the highest in the world. Living expenses and tuition costs are considerably lower in Australia than they are in the United States and the United Kingdom. International students are able to work part time while they study, allowing them to offset their living costs. There is also the possibility of scholarships, which can help to lower the cost of studying in Australia for international students.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to qualify to apply?
- Valid passport for the period of your study in Australia.
- Certified proof of academic qualifications irrespective of what programme/course is to be followed as there are Institutions offering Grade 11 and 12 as well as pathways and foundation courses to assist students who do not meet the university requirements for direct entry. In some cases, Ordinary and A level students may be required to enrol for foundation programs.
- Adequate financial support for the duration of the study period (study fees, accommodation and cost of living).
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) may be required by either the Institution or Immigration
- Medical examinations (confidential) will be required to apply for a student visa.
What do I need to apply for a student visa?
- Confirmation of Enrolment or an offer from the relevant institution
- Valid passport for the period of your study in Australia
- Recent passport photos (4)
- Proof of medicals conducted by Panel Doctors in your country – please visit this link: www.immi.gov.au/gateways/panel_doctors
- Certified copy of Full Birth Certificate
- English Language requirements: You are required to submit evidence of your English language proficiency (Original IELTS test took no longer than 2 years prior to the date of your application). If you are a citizen from an assessment level 3/4 country, please visit this link: www.immi.gov.au/students/student-visa-assessment-levels.htm
- Sufficient funds to cover yourself for the duration of your stay in Australia for:
– Living costs
– Tuition costs
- Sufficient funds to sustain any school-age children (irrespective if they will accompany the applicant)
- Travel costs